Best Transformer Toys – Guide and Reviews
Transformers are well loved all over the world by children and adults alike. The Transformers fame goes a long way back to 1984, where the craze began, so it has a huge following.
Collectors of Japanese-made robots also adore these toys just as much as kids who will be very thrilled to bring them out on their play date.
I have explained in simple language for fans and non-fans that might be looking for the perfect gift for a Transformers fan or a collector.
The transformer toys covered in page are the best on the market and great for playing with, displaying and collecting.
- 1 Things To Consider : Best Transformer Toys
- 2 Recommended Best Transformer Toys
Things To Consider : Best Transformer Toys
Most parents find choosing toys for their kids a tough process. Read the buying guide to find some top things that will help you choose the best transformer toy.
If you are buying the transformer toy for your child, consider their age. Some of these toys are complex to transform and are recommended for older children only since young kids might get confused and frustrated by the steps.
For younger children, consider models that are easier to transform, such as the first model where the transformation involves only one step.
There are kids who are fans of Transformers, and there are those who have never even heard of it or are not fascinated by it if your child is not fascinated by the movie, it goes without saying that they will not like the toy any more than they like the movie.
These toys are particularly great for children and even adult fans of the Transformers movie.
Otherwise, a kid (or adult, say a collector) who is not a fan of the movie will not see any value in the item, and it will be a waste of your hard-earned cash.
Some people sell copies of the real thing, and the toys end up not being durable as a fake can never last as long as the real thing because the quality is bad.
For some potential customers, they might confuse a fake for the real thing and end up disappointed, but it doesn't have to be that way.
There are so many things to spot on fake Transformer toys, for example, if it does not bear the label of a brand known for making transformer toys, or if the artwork is out of focus.
Before you purchase, it is important to do your research and read a lot of reviews available online, so that you do not end up duped with a fake item.
Collectible Or Toy
Many Transformers action figures are considered collectible items. Collectors highly value some like Optimus Prime. Collectors are more interested in maintaining the toy in an unopened box.
Younger fans are more interested in playing with it as a toy, so before investing in one, it is important to consider the intended purpose of the action figure.
Recommended Best Transformer Toys
Aside from Optimus Prime, Bumblebee was one of the most anticipated characters when Transformers hit the screen in 2007.
This figure is very interesting, as it can transform into either a robot mode or vehicle mode with a single flip switch. It also fires spinning pretend sharp disks fired from a disk launcher, to defeat Megatron.
In robot form, this Bumblebee figure stands 10 inches tall, and it will be a great addition to a display cabinet. It is high quality, and it is made using safe materials, making it totally safe for kids.
It is also durable for longevity. The one-step transformation is unique and beneficial to children as the transformation process is not complex.
- High quality
- Made using safe materials
- Features a disk launcher that fires discs when you pull
- Figure transforms to robot or vehicle mode when you flip it
- Tested for durability and quality
- Transforms in one step
- Wheels fall off easily
- Not easy to transform as the parts have to be wiggled and contorted to switch between the modes
- Is not yellow like Bumblebee is supposed to be. It is dark orange, and it is a problem to some.
Grimlock has always been voted by fans as one of the favorites to return in a sequel. He is a high-powered fighter in both robot and dinosaur mode.
And this figure can transform in both from robot to dinosaur to make him a danger in robot mode and a stomper in T-rex mode so he can handle whatever his enemies throw at him.
It transforms in 18 steps and is a great toy for kids to play with. However, the transformation is complex, so it is recommended that older kids play with it because it will be frustrating for younger kids.
It can also be a great display piece for collectors.It comes complete with an accessory too, as the action figure has a dragon tooth mace in his fist for him to be a spiky danger to his enemies in robot mode, as in t-rex mode, he just stomps them out flat.
- Changes in 18 steps
- 2 in 1 figure that transforms from robot mode to dinosaur mode and back and forth
- Includes the dragontooth mace
- Great display piece for collectors
- Realistic T-rex features
- Great tool for teaching kids about dinosaurs when in dinosaur mode
- Complex in transformation
- Improper colours
- Instructions are backward, as they explain how to transform from dinosaur mode to robot mode, yet the figure comes in robot mode.
- Dinosaur arms are weak and are prone to breakage
- Not very child-friendly, as they can get frustrated with the complexity of the transformation
In the Transformers movie, Optimus Prime is the most revered character of the Autobots and the undisputed leader. Optimus Prime is a great example of a great leader.
And he is admired for his great leadership abilities, strong moral character, sound decision-making skills, brilliant military tactical thinking, and et cetera.
Kids and adults alike admire and have a quality or two to borrow from this character.
With this action figure, kids can play and pretend they are the fearless leader of the Autobots who is just and honorable. It can transform into semi-truck mode and vice versa in 18 steps.
And for this reason, this action figure is not recommended for smaller kids as the transformation might be way too complex for them.
This Optimus Prime figure comes with the legendary Sword of Judgment he sports in the movie and his iconic Vector Shield that was first seen after Optimus was saved by Jetfire sacrificing his life.
Optimus Prime has many great qualities, and this might be a great tool to teach kids concepts of freedom, peace, justice and equality. Adult fans of transformers can play with it too.
- It is a 2 in 1 figure that converts form vehicle mode to robot mode and back
- Changes in 18 steps
- Includes the figure, Sword of Judgment and the Vector Shield
- Great tool for teaching kids the great qualities of Optimus Prime
- Semi-truck mode
- Chrome detailing makes it look stylish and sharp
- Great item for collectors and it is great for display
- A bit complicated at first to transform
- Plastic is very soft and fragile in certain parts
- Poorly illustrated instructions
- The backpack is not as great as the toy is
His cool Samurai look and the fact that he can turn into 3 modes was an instant hit. The figure converts into the most popular mode, and that is the Bugatti Veyron mode and will make any child's day
The transformation of the of the Samurai Drift into the Bugatti Veyon Drift happens in 16 simple steps, making it slightly less complicated to configure compared to other transformers that require 18 steps.
However, it is still not recommended for young kids as the complexity level is still a little too much for them.
Many would have loved for the transformer to transform into all the 3 modes but that would be a lot more complex for kids. It is important to note though that the styling of the Veyron is nothing short of brilliant.
- 2 in 1 Autobot figure converts from robot mode to speedy car mode and back
- Bugatti mode
- Includes blaster
- Changes in 16 steps
- In robot mode, this deluxe class figure stands at around 12 cm tall
- Good figure for collectors
- A relatively small model
The bottom line, Galvatron is a bad guy, and he is one tough bad guy. His character is not condoned, but if you are going to play with transformers, you can't have the good guys only.
The bad guys have to be there too to be fought and defeated by the bad guys. This Galvatron figure takes 17 steps to transform into a heavy rumbling and mean-looking semi-truck.
It should be entertaining to watch your kid pit Galvatron against Optimus Prime and help him, or her learn a few lessons about good versus evil, light versus darkness and the opposites of the universe.
- Changes in 17 steps
- Includes the figure and accessories
- 2 in 1 Galvatron figure
- Converts from robot to vehicle mode
- Combat vehicle mode
- Articulate and detailed
- Great for collectors too
- Has small parts which might pose a choking hazard to kids under 3 years of age
- Pieces come apart easily
Sky Lynx on his own, transforms into a space shuttle and this Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx action figure requires 19 steps to be transformed into a space shuttle or a mighty robot.
Sky Lynx features 2 cannon accessories that can be combined to form his sword, or can be attached to the space shuttle wings.
Another great thing about this action figure is that the expansion capabilities are superb.
It is compatible with other action figures in the Combiner class, so it allows for numerous configurations as kids play with it.
The set also comes with a collector's character card, with works of art from Hasbro's Transformer Legends game and a set of instructions.
- Transforms from robot to space shuttle and back in 19 steps
- It becomes a torso for combiner figures
- Along with 5 other figures, it builds a Sky Reign combiner figure.
- Is compatible with any Deluxe Scale Combiner class figures
- Package includes the Voyager Class Sky Lynx figure itself, character card, cannon accessory (arm-mount), and a set of instructions
- Great for display
- Might be too complex for children below 8 years
- Heels are a bit loose
Why playing with transformer robots is good for your kids?
Now a day’s transformers are one of the most popular entertainment franchises. You might have a question! Why you chose transformers robots for your kids?
Transformers toys help to improve social skills and give your children something they can bond with siblings and friends over. They can feel like a superhero as they watch on the cartoon or comic book.
Kids able to defend the world from the deceptions. Transformers toys help your kid both on educational and entertainment value. It does also make them a great leader in their future life.
Benefits of Transformers Toys:
• Transformers toys are pretty much beneficial as a toy. Here we find some point what makes it beneficial:
• Your kids learn about the teamwork and also learn how to achieve a goal with a great team.
• Improvement of motor skill development.
• Not everyone is good in this world and that's why transformers come to save the planet so your kid is also able to imagine to save their own world
• Transformers toys help to be innovational and motivate to making something different in future.
Transformers toys bumblebee vs optimums prime:
Bumblebee and optimus prime Both are the favourite character of Transformers movies and they have different kinds of a fan base. Some thoughts bumblebee wins the fight and some with optimus prime. Optimus prime is stronger and would be a great option for kids to wins the fight over their friends.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q. Do Transformers have too much violence for a kid?
A. Each of the transformers toys comes with variant features. You can easily choose which is suitable for your kid.
Q. Which one is best for my child?
A. If your child is an action lover chose a modern figure rather than a retro one.
Q. Are transformers toys great to play with siblings?
A. Siblings can feel more joy than a single child and simulate more action.
Q. Is these toy good for creat leader?
A. Kids are very much active now a day’s and in terms of leadership quality, transformers toys are too good. It simulates to save the planet with the help of a great leader.
Q.What makes it one of the best?
A. It is good for group playing and makes some great memory on children minds that are making it one of the best robotics toys ever.
Sometimes as parents, we are always desperate to get any toy for our kids so that they may stop disturbing us while we are at home taking a nap or doing any work.
This leads to us going into a toy store and buying any toy that we first lay our hands on.The outcome is buying toys that make noise to our children.
This is not the way to go on while looking for a toy. We all want our kids to have good toys which are educational so as to enrich their learning experience.
The above toys all qualify to be ranked as the best toys for your children. I urge all of you that if you want to buy any toy, you need to consider them.
You will never regret buying any of them. Lastly, always pay attention to your children when they are playing.