Best Infant Bath Tubs – Guide & Reviews
Many years back, parents used to bathe their kids in the kitchen sink. This has greatly changed in the modern world with the introduction of plastic and foam tubs that provide parents with a convenient way of washing their babies.
Bath time is not always a simple task for moms. There are those kids who hate bathing, and they bite, scream and cry throughout the shower time.
On the other hands, others love the whole bathing experience.By getting the best baby tub, you can make bathing your baby interesting and easy.
Bathtubs will greatly help you bathe your baby comfortably because babies cannot sit up or control any part of their body.
There are so many considerations that you need to make before picking the best baby bathtub for your infant.
I will cover those factors later in the article. Let us begin by reviewing some of the best baby bathtubs that you need to have.
- 1 Things To Consider : Best Infant Bath Tubs
- 2 Recommended Best Infant Bath Tubs
Things To Consider : Best Infant Bath Tubs
When it comes to picking the right infant bath tub, you might be a little confused because of the many products available.
They vary in price, size, and features, so you need to determine what you want to get in a baby bathtub. Here are a few things that you should know before buying an infant bathtub.
Types of tubs
There are different types of tubs that you will find. Knowing the types available will help you pick the most recommendable bathtub for your baby.
These ate tubs that are designed to grow with the baby. They feature a removable sling or hammock to keep your little one closer to you above the water.
After using the tub for a few months, you can remove the insert to get more room for your growing baby. This gives the baby the chance to sit down and splash when bathing.
You can find these tubs in smaller sizes that you can place on the sink for smaller babies. Most of the tubs feature a contoured design that gives infants the opportunity to sit upright. In some models, you will find removable fabric to hold your baby in place.
They are designed to provide you with an easy storage. If you want to use such a tub, always check for its sturdiness and ensure that it is leak proof.
These are luxurious tubs designed with bells and whistles, shower nozzle, calming vibration and other high-end features. The tubs are usually expensive.
They are tubs designed for easy storage and travel. You just need to inflate it when you need to bath your baby.
These are tubs that elevate the baby to your height, so you do not have to bend or stoop when you are bathing your baby. These tubs are also expensive.
Presence of temperature gauge
In most tubs, they feature a temperature gauge that lets you know the ideal water temperature to bathe your baby. You can find other models with digital temperature gauges.
Purchase a bathtub depending on the size of your baby. If you get a bigger tub, you give your baby with more space to slide.
Most of the manufacturers indicate the weight and size with their products are hence making it easy to choose the right size.
- Does it have a drain plug?
- Check the presence of a water-fill line
- Consider the crevices in a tub, the moiré they are, the longer it will take to clean
- Cost of the tub
- Consider the comfort of your baby
Recommended Best Infant Bath Tubs
Give your baby the best bathing time with the Comfort Deluxe Newborn To Toddler Tub. The tub is designed with a deep ergonomic design that keeps the baby in place for the best bath.
Your baby stays comfortable throughout the bathing moments because of the mesh sling and the padded headrest that provide extra support and comfort for newborns.
You can use this bath tub from infant to toddler stage. It is designed with a mesh hammock that holds the baby in place, and it is also machine washable.
At toddler stage, your baby can now enjoy splashing and full space on the straight back side.The pads included on the tub are mildew resistant, so you can always be sure that no mildew will develop even after usi8ng the tub for quite some time.
- It grows with your baby
- The headrest is padded to provide comfort
- Deep ergonomic design holds the baby in place during baths
- Designed with mildew-resistant pads
- Has machine washable and dryable netting
- The incline is not the best for infants
Looking for a convenient bathtub to bathe your infant? Try the PRIMO EuroBath, Pearl White, and you will love it if your child is between the ages of 0-24 months. This is one of the largest baby bathtubs that you will find on the market.
The tub allows you to bath the baby in two different positions: infant 0-6 months in a reclining position and toddlers from 6-24 months in a sitting position.
The tub has a uniquely contoured shape that gives the baby support on the back, neck, arms and legs to prevent it from slipping under the water.
This tub is also designed to ensure that your baby stays warm and safe when bathing.For easy cleaning and draining, it has a drain plug that makes your work pretty easy.
- Provides enough support for the baby
- Perfect for babies up to 24 months
- Its larger size gives you many years of use
- Easy to clean and drain
- Made with very safe materials
- Not perfect for young and active infants
Having the best bathtub will ultimately provide your little one with the best shower experience. If you want a bathtub that you can easily inflate and deflate for travel, try the Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub.This tub is best for kids from 6-24 months.
It is designed with a white hot safety disc that turns white when the water is too hot and turns blue when the water temperature is ideal.
You will always know the right water temperature to bath your baby.The tub is padded, and this makes it perfect for bigger kids. It is designed with a textured bottom that ensures that the baby doesn't slip.
- Has an indicator to help you know the right water temperature
- Deflates for easy storage
- Padded to provide your baby with comfort
- Extremely lightweight
- The duck is fun for the baby
- After using it for a few months, it loses its ability to remain inflated
Does your little once cry all the time when you are bathing them? It could be the type of bathtub that you are using. For the best bathing experience, try the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub, and you and your baby will enjoy bath times.
The tub is designed with a soft-foam face cushion that makes it comfortable for newborns and infants.
With this tub, you do not expect your baby to slip or slide when bathing them. It has a baby stopper that keeps the baby in place. To accommodate smaller babies, the tub has an insert that will allow you to bath them with ease.
This insert is removable giving room for bigger babies to play.It is also designed with a baby whale cup that can be used for gentle rising or play. The tub also has a plug that provides easy draining and cleaning.
- Comfortable for infants and newborns
- The removable insert provides bigger babies with ample space for play
- It has a whale toy that the baby can use for play and gentle rinsing
- It is easy to clean and drain
- The baby stopper keeps your baby in place
- The tub is easy to use for parents
- Complaints of poor plastic construction
If you want to get the best baby products from a top leading brand, try Fisher, and you will love using their products. One of their best bathtubs that you can buy for your baby is the Fisher-Price 4-in-1 tub.
This is a four stage tub that gives you the opportunity to bath your baby from newborn to infant stage.
To accommodate newborns effectively, the tub has a mesh sling. It is also designed with a baby stopper that prevents your little one from sliding or slipping. You can always be sure that your baby is having a safe time during baths.
Another quality feature of the tub is the ability to accommodate sitters who are unstable, thanks to the sit-me-up support feature. To keep your baby engaged during baths, the tub has a whale for water play.
- Has a plug for easy drain and clean
- Designed with a soft mesh sling for newborns
- Baby stopper prevents sliding and slipping
- Designed with a hook that provides easy drying and convenient storage
- Has a whale scoop for gentle rinsing and play
- No negative reviews provided on this tub so far
This provides the baby with a relaxed spa-like feeling.For optimum comfort of your baby, the tub has a secure sling and a padded head and backrest that provide maximum comfort.
You will also enjoy using the tub for quite some time because it grows with the baby from newborn stage to toddler stage. It has a grow-with-me insert that is removable to give toddlers more space for sitting and playing.
It is designed with an incredible hook that you can use for drying or convenient storage. This tub is designed to fit a variety of double and single basin sinks.
- Provides the baby with a relaxing feeling
- Secure fabric and the padded headrest keep the baby comfortable
- Grows with the baby from infant to toddlers
- Designed with a removable stopper insert to provide large toddlers more play and sitting space
- Has a convenient hook for drying and storage
- It is difficult to clean
When you are purchasing a bathtub, it is important to consider the rate in which babies grow. With this in mind, you can find a tub that grows with your baby, so you do not end up purchasing more products to suit your baby.
In this case, get the Fisher-Price Rinse 'n Grow Tub, and you will enjoy bathing your baby from newborn stage to toddler stage
It is designed to provide the baby with comfort and make them feel secure in all stages. Bathing your baby with your two slippery hands is a tough task for many moms.
This is why Fisher has included a mother helper that makes it easy to wash newborns. So you do not expect sliding or slipping during baths. The tub is also very easy to maintain clean.
This is because of the pouring spout and the drain plug that makes it easy to drain and dry. The sling also converts to a hanging mesh-pocket hence making it easy to store.
- The sling is machine washable
- Sling is easily convertible to a mesh pocket for easy storage
- The tub is designed to grow with your baby
- Keeps your baby comfortable and secure in all stages
- Quality tub with nice bright colors
- The clips are not of quality
Don't just pick any bathtub for your baby. You need to get the right product so that your baby can enjoy bath times. One of the best products that I can recommend is The First Years Disney Nemo Infant To Toddler Tub.
This is an excellent tub with a one-piece shell design that makes moving from one stage to the other easy.
The tub comes with adorable features such as the mesh hammock that holds your little one in a secure position. The hammock is removable and machine washable.
The tub has a deep ergonomic design that holds infants in a comfortable manner while keeping them warm in the shallow water. The bumps also prevent the baby from sliding.
When your baby begins to sit, they have ample room to play and splash.The tub is also designed with coordinating toys which include a fish-shaped pour cup and nemo squirtee.
- Has a drain plug for effective water drainage
- The adjustable newborn sling provides newborns with safety and comfort
- It has comfortable mildew-resistant pads
- Can be used in single and double sinks
- The deep ergonomic design keeps the baby comfortable
- No negative feedback from the users
You can roll up the smart sling to support upright sitting. This provides infants from 3-6 months with a secure seat.
You can also remove the sling when your little one can sit upright. This provides sitters from 6 months and above with a convenient sitting with ample space for play and splashing
- The sling is removable when the baby can sit upright
- It has a non-slip interior texture
- Drain plug
- Designed with safe materials
- The mesh smart sling provides comfort edge support
- The tub is small. It fits babies under six months
This is a luxurious tub that keeps your baby well entertained and soothed during baths. The tub has calming whirlpool and massaging bubbles that give your baby the best feeling during baths.
It also has neutral circulating water jets and a perfect color that fits both genders. The tub is big enough to accommodate newborns to when the babies are up to two years old. It is also designed with a long lasting fabric to provide durability.
- Offers the baby with a whirlpool bubbling spa and shower
- Grows with your baby
- Made with durable material
- It has neutral circulating water jets
- The tub is expensive
The above bathtubs will give you the best moments when you are bathing your baby. These products I have covered above are great for your baby, and they are designed with many comfort features.
You just need to select a tub that you love and make bathing your baby the best experience.The frequency in which you bathe your baby all depend on the parent.
There are those parents who love bathing their infants daily while others after a couple of days.
The truth is that babies don't get sweaty so I do not find the need of bathing them daily. However, you need to ensure that you clean spit ups, blowout and errant milk daily.